Dresser Redo

I've just about wrapped up our oldest son's room redo but before I blog about it, I wanted to blog about a few pieces that I worked on for the room.  The first thing was the upholstered headboard that I put together last week.  Next up is this dresser that was included in a truckload of things hubby bought at an auction.


It was a solid wood piece and in great condition, just needed a paint job and new hardware.  What I had in mind for the dresser was a very distressed, green, hand rubbed aged look.  So the first thing I did was paint it the same color that I painted our french door in the kitchen, which is called Spanish Green by Valspar.

After it dried completely, I distressed it by sanding off a lot of the paint.  Then I rubbed on some dark walnut stain and rubbed it off.  Then rubbed on some grayish blue paint that I had but not sure of the name of, and then also rubbed that off.  I wanted several colors going on, if that makes any sense.

The dresser also needed a hardware update but I didn't want to spend any money, so, I rummaged through our boxes of drawer pulls at our shop and found 3 sets that were very similar.  They didn't match completely but were the exact same shape in diameter so I grabbed them and took them home to spray paint them an oil rubbed bronze.

 
I attached them to the drawers, put the whole thing back together and this is what it looks like...


I am crazy about it!  I don't think it could have turned out better than what I envisioned. 


And I'm loving the three different sets of drawer pulls.


Here's a closeup of the different colors and stains I used to distress the dresser.


I've got a couple more pieces to share with you before I blog about the entire room so stay tuned!

Have a great day!!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment