A Bitter Sweet Christmas........





Before I start rambling....I wanted to post the two readers who won the gift certificates from Novica..
Congratulations to
 Leslie Ham and Carolyn Bradford.... have fun shopping!



 I have been trying to get a post ready for you, but my heart is so heavy that my creativity is just not there...

Its going to be a bitter sweet Christmas.

Celebrating with family and friends is my favorite thing about this time of year.

 Its what this season is all about.....but this year its  going to be well.....

It might be the last time I have Christmas with my Dad.

  My father was diagnosed with Cancer....
He has a tumor behind his eye which has left him blind in one eye.....

 He also has Alzheimer which complicates things.

 He still knows who we are but he is slowly losing his world around him.....
and we are losing him.....



source..Wistfully Country

 



 



I didn't have the energy to decorate and put up the Christmas tree......  I bought some poinsettias and did a couple of vignettes and called it a day! 
 

 


I had to remind myself that its not about the decorations, but its about a birth and giving.....
a time to celebrate the relationships that have been 
so freely given. 
 And for the time my family has with my Dad.


Source....Haus Design blog










One sweet blessing this year.....is our sweet grandchild......
As one life begins and another ends....my father will leave his legacy down through the generations within her...

Like I said...bitter sweet....



I have decided to take sometime off so I can spend time with family and help my parents.

 I will be back sometime in January and back to posting decor, life, and just random things....

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

Thank you for visiting our blog and its been such a blessing to get to know so many of you in blogland.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment