A New Kitchen Remodel



I have a client that sold her home and is buying another....
It's in escrow and I haven't seen it yet

The kitchen will need to be remodeled..... 

She has sent me some ideas and we talked briefly on what she thinks she might want.

It is a track home in Southern California....

Southern California tract homes are typically built very basic! 


You could pay five hundred thousand to a million dollars and up for a home that has no crown molding, basic windows with no wood detailing, and a..... well, a nothing kitchen.

 In other words its a box....

Now, there's nothing wrong with that but..........
  you can get so much more for your money in other areas out of
 Southern California.
  What we pay for is that good old 
sunshine and beach atmosphere...







source, our kitchen Pinterest board










source, our kitchen Pinterest board.


We have been talking about using beams, natural woods with an industrial vibe...
OK..... put those thoughts on hold!

I just got a call from my client and as I was working on this post....

She has some new ideas and might be thinking of black cabinets and taking out walls making it one big room.....

Now let me remind you.....
  I haven't seen this home yet...but.... I have seen some very bad photos...



Source, our Pinterest boards.






 



I love this.... Its creative and artistic! Source, Our kitchen Pinterest board

Some clients go through this when their gathering ideas.....

It will be my job to go through their ideas and let them know which ones will work and which ones will not....
 and put it into a workable plan with ideas that I think will work for their space and budget....
did you get that...
What will work within their budget! 
Everyone has a bottom line.....
Their budget will determine what they can and can't do......
This is when creativity comes in.






source...Our Pinterest board


 






source, our Kitchen Pinterest board












Source..Our kitchen Pinterest board

Notice the dark and light mixed with the wood beams.... Love this!









Source our kitchen Pinterest board

If we take out walls it will be similar to a shot gun home.....long and narrow.....I cant wait to see this house. 





 
Source...Our Pinterest board

This could be an option....a mix of light and dark cabinets...









Source..our Pinterest boards

Here is that raw natural wood mixed with a traditional feel....I personally like it!



 



Designer Andrew Brown photo..Kevin Spearman

I have always loved this kitchen....it is one of my favorites....





 
See out Pinterest board

My client sent me this image....from Lonny magazine. 
She loves the black cabinets and marble counter tops. 








Source...our Pinterest board.


Another example of mixing dark and light....



 




Designer Barbara Carlton


I just talked to my client again...... she has some new ideas and so do I!

 Can't wait to see her new home and to start working on a design plan...

Also..

I want to thank all of you for your sweet comments you left me regarding my Dad...
 I do appreciate all your thoughts and prayers..
 He started Chemo and Radiation to prevent the Cancer from blinding him....
At this point it is about quality of life...
as much as we want him to be with us....
we want him to be out of pain and suffering....
Thanks so much,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment