A Livingroom up-date


Hi all....
hope you had a nice weekend...

This is a living room that I am working on....... 

I've been collecting fabrics and gathering ideas for furniture..
I did find a rug...and that's my  inspiration...

I would suggest when your decorating your home...
find a rug first! 

 It makes life so much easier...





I would like to paint the walls a soft silver blue.. like the soft blue in the rug and add some wood detail......

maybe white wainscoting..


 My client had just painted the living room before 
 I started the job and I'm hoping she will paint again! 
Another suggestion...don't paint a room until you have a plan...
you don't want the design to be dictated by the color on the wall...
you might not get the end result that you want...



Isn't the rug gorgeous? It is perfect with the fabric...










I love this fabric.... 





I'm still looking for a coordinating fabric...

something that has more blue in it...

I have a lot of beige here and that could look a little boring.......

 beige walls, beige furniture and a beige rug....

Ya gotta mix it up and give it some interest...
but were off to a great start...


Thanks for stopping by,
Julie





 

No comments:

Post a Comment