What a day


This is what I woke up to this morning......

All of the hills behind us were on fire! 

The wind was blowing so hard....

I cancelled all my appointments and my hubby and I were glued to the news....


We live in an area in California called Dos Vientos....
which means two winds in Spanish.... 

It was a little scary......and at times I was nervous

Especially when my hubby wasn't home and I couldn't get a hold of him...

He rode his bike down the road to see if we had to evacuate...



I loaded all of my clients fabrics into my car that had just come in and a $3,000 rug that belonged to another client.....
All I could think of is that they were paid for and I didn't want anything to happen to them...

My friend called who is married to a fire fighter and told me to take pictures of every wall in the house and all of our rooms....

Smart idea for insurance reasons...

 


We heard helicopters all day.... 






I grabbed all of our birth certificates and some important papers and packed them... 





I couldn't think of what to pack....but just everyday needs....
tooth brush, makeup, my camera, our meds and vitamins... 

What would you pack? 

I totally went blank!


 

News trucks were all over reporting the fire......



 








This is down the street from us...





By evening the wind had died down and the fire was headed towards the ocean...... .. 

we are still here and packed....

Boy, You never know what your going to wake up to!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment