Sally Wheat, Annie Downing and Pam Pierce....



Designer Sally Wheat isn't afraid of trying something new.....
I love that about her style..... 





Even though she has used contemporary elements in her home.... 
she has left clues of her old style, like those great antique wood doors...
which were in her home before she redecorated.. 









The photographer Kate Lesueur who shot these images for Sally and Annie Downing has a great eye.....





 


So... do you know where I'm going here....

I'm on a roll.....
 if you read my last post....

you know exactly where I'm going with this post....


the use of old with new....

A Lucite table mixed with those old wood shutters....

the shabby chic generation would call them chippy......
and now patina...

but...
 whatever there called..... 

I love the look  

Annie Downing designed this space....
yep... 

she has talent! 






This shot is gorgeous.... 
Annie used art deco lamps sitting on an old 
 vintage painted piece....

and those doors! 










The mix of  contemporary art...
 a vintage table...
and the traditional chandelier... 

clearly make this an interesting space...








And you can't forget about Pam Pierce....

who has redecorated her home by adding contemporary pieces to her french style and she has done it brilliantly!







Did I say Brilliantly...


there were a lot of comments when she reveled this new look......

you might not like her new style but she made this work perfectly!



 And I do like her old and new style.... 







I love how she has mixed the Eames table with her french feel....










This is a perfect example....
A mid- century floor lamp mixed with antiques....

 so....
 here comes the so again....

do you think we are going to see this eclectic look more often....

I do believe so....

you have to admit...

we have been seeing the same french chandeliers and linen covered furniture for awhile now... 

it's fun to see it with a different spin....

don't get me wrong....

I love linen and those wonderful chandeliers....
and you know which ones I mean...

 but....

 it's fun to see artist explore design with a fresh new look...

It keeps it interesting!

Julie






No comments:

Post a Comment